- Media Contact
As Chief Scientist at Happify Health, Acacia’s research focuses on digital methods for managing and treating depression and anxiety, as well as chronic health conditions. Her passion lies at the intersection of research and regulatory strategy for digital therapeutics. She received her B.A. in Psychology from Reed College, and her Ph.D. in Psychology from the University of Pennsylvania, where her graduate research helped build the foundation for research on bringing mental health interventions to the general public. Prior to joining Happify Health, Acacia was an Associate Professor of Psychology at Hiram College.
- Applied Social Psychology
- Emotion, Mood, Affect
- Health Psychology
- Internet and Virtual Psychology
- Life Satisfaction, Well-Being
Note from the Network: The holder of this profile has certified having all necessary rights, licenses, and authorization to post the files listed below. Visitors are welcome to copy or use any files for noncommercial or journalistic purposes provided they credit the profile holder and cite this page as the source.
Editorial: Special Issue on Positive Psychology in Higher Education
- Linked publication: Parks, A. C. (Ed.). (2011). Positive psychology in higher education [Special Issue]. The Journal of Positive Psychology, 6(6).
- Linked publication: Seligman, M. E. P., Rashid, T., & Parks, A. C. (2006). Positive psychotherapy. American Psychologist, 61, 774-788.
Parks & Szanto (2013)
- Linked publication: Parks, A.C. & Szanto, R.K. (2013). Assessing the efficacy and effectiveness of a positive psychology-based self-help book. Terapia Psicological, 31, 141-149.
- Froh, J. J., & Parks, A. C. (Eds.). (in press). Teaching positive psychology: A practical handbook for the classroom. Washington, DC: American Psychological Association.
- Parks, A. C. (Ed.). (in press). Positive psychology in higher education. London: Taylor & Francis.
- Parks, A. C. & Schueller, S.M. (Eds.). (in press). Handbook of positive psychological interventions. Oxford: Wiley-Blackwell.
- Kranzler, A., Parks, A. C., & Gillham, J. E. (2011). Service learning in positive psychology: A hands-on resilience course. Journal of Positive Psychology, 6, 482-486.
- Meyer, P., Johnson, D., Parks, A. C., Iwanski, C., & Penn, D. L. (2012). Positive living: A pilot study of group positive psychotherapy for people with severe mental illness. Journal of Positive Psychology.
- Parks, A. C., Della Porta, M. D., Pierce, R. S., Zilca, R., & Lyubomirsky, S. (in press). Pursuing happiness in everyday life: A naturalistic investigation of online happiness seekers. To appear in Emotion.
Parks, A.C. & Szanto, R.K. (2013). Assessing the efficacy and effectiveness of a positive psychology-based self-help book. Terapia Psicological, 31, 141-149.
- Linked file: Parks & Szanto (2013)
- Schueller, S., & Parks, A. C. (in press). Disseminating self-help: Positive psychology exercises in an open online trial. To appear in The Journal of Medical Internet Research.
Seligman, M. E. P., Rashid, T., & Parks, A. C. (2006). Positive psychotherapy. American Psychologist, 61, 774-788.
- Linked file: Positive psychotherapy
- Parks, A. C., & Biswas-Diener, R. (in press). Positive interventions: Past, present and future. To appear in T. Kashdan & J. Ciarrochi (Eds.), Bridging acceptance and commitment therapy and positive psychology: A practitioner’s guide to a unifying framework. Oakland, CA: New Harbinger.
- Parks, A. C. (Ed.). (2011). Positive psychology in higher education [Special Issue]. The Journal of Positive Psychology, 6(6).
- Parks, A. C., Schueller, S., & Tasimi, A. (in press). Increasing happiness in the general population: Empirically supported self-help? To appear in I. Boniwell & S. David (Eds.), Oxford Handbook of Happiness. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Parks, A.C. & Seligman, M.E.P. (2007). 8-week group Positive Psychotherapy (PPT) Manual. Unpublished manual, available by request.
- Abnormal Psychology
- Clinical Psychology
- Happiness (Freshman Colloquium)
- Health Psychology
- Positive Psychology
- Psychological Testing
- Research Methods
4045 Youngstown Kingsville Rd
Cortland, Ohio 44410
United States of America
- Mobile: (267) 879-8387
- Skype Name: acaciaparkssheiner